Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Spooky South

Well, apparantly they don't have a pre-determined, early evening, safe time for kids to trick or treat down here. Anything goes in the South and I guess it's a MUST to wait until after dark to get the full spook effect.
We made our first attempt around 6pm, hoping that others with little ones would venture out early too.

No luck, so we headed back inside.

And headed back out an hour later, with some neighbor friends....


When the pumpkins were full, we called it a night and had some fun with a little apple bobbing.


Three hours later, the doorbell stopped ringing, the "too old to be begging kids" trick or treaters stopped coming and we all went to bed. I'd have to say, that Halloween is not quite my favorite holiday, but the kids had fun and of course, that's all that matters.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Bobbing for apples, why didn't I think of that???! Looks like the kids had a great night!