Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful Thoughts

My humble words cannot begin to express how truly THANKFUL I am for my family, friends, and close neighbors. My forever faithful and hardworking husband; my beautiful and most precious children, who are the loves of my life; our loving extended family who support and care for us unconditionally; my dearest friends, both near and far, who have all put up with me and my crazy anxieties; and our new and welcoming neighbors, who have made this transition, a happy one.

My dreams are big for my family, but our reality is small and simple. This has humbled me and taught me the appreciation of what's truly important. I will always hope and dream for wonderful and exciting opportunities for our children, just as I had growing up, but at the end of the day, all that matters is that we are healthy, happy, safe, and secure. Kissing the sleepy eyes and feeling the warmth of our beautiful babies, as they are tucked cozy in bed, is the happiest moment of my day. Sean making it home safely from work in the morning, is our most peaceful moment as a family.
We are all about hugs and kisses and everything silly. I'm thankful that we openly share our love for each other and tell our kids, often, how much we love them, how proud we are of them, and how much they mean to us. Our daughter especially, loves to read and actually "hears" better by reading what's being said to her. I started a gratitude journal, that's always available for her to read. I share 3 things that I'm thankful for, which often include something happy about each of them. I believe that selfishness comes naturally, but gratitude and appreciation must be taught and nurtured. Everyday. To find the joy in little things... from the sunrise, to the mail delivery, to a full cup of milk.
:)

2 comments:

caroline said...

you are such an eloquent writer :)

Jen said...

I love the idea of a gratitude journal! Happy Thanksgiving to my far away friend and her precious family!