Saturday, November 22, 2008

Last game of the season

Lily had her last soccer game of the season today and it was only 24 degrees out! Isn't that crazy? It was 105 the first game and today it was 81 degrees colder! This is freaky cold weather for down here and it's catching everyone off guard. We were prepared though and so thankful for our winter coats.
She ended the season with a bang, scoring 2 goals! We are so excited and proud of her for sticking with it and discovering that with a little practice, she could get better at something and really enjoy it. She had a great team, super nice kids, and friendly parents and coaches. It was a great experience for her and we think she'll want to play again in the Spring.

3 comments:

caroline said...

Holy crap, 24 degrees?? No thank you! Go Lily for not backing out b/c I'm pretty sure Madison would've tried to get out of THAT game!

I'm so excited to hear she may play again. Soccer rocks!

Jen said...

Are you planning to enroll her in any activities this winter? I'm glad soccer was such a success, it's nice when they actually enjoy the activities we spend our precious time and money enrolling them in!

KJH said...

Jen, we may try gymnastics or dance in January, if we can swing it. I know she'd love it, so I'm tucking away every penny I can.