Friday, November 28, 2008

The EXPLODING Dish

My family arrived from Orlando, Tuesday evening around 5pm. I made 2 dishes of lasagna (one meat and one spinach), breadsticks, salad, and wine. One lasagna was prepared in a casserole dish that I just purchased at Publix a few days before. After taking them out of the oven and serving my family, we all sat down to eat our meal. Several people had 2nd servings, including the little kids, who went back into the kitchen with me for more salad, milk, etc. About 1 hour into our meal, I was just sitting back down, and began to describe the dessert choices to everyone at the table and all the kids at their table. When, all of a sudden, we heard this loud CRASH! SHATTER! Every thought ran through my head, thinking, WTH could've fallen? I ran back into the kitchen, to find my brand new casserole dish had EXPLODED!! Into a million razor sharp pieces of glass. OMG, our kids were just in the kitchen...at eye level with the dish. I have no idea what or how this happened? The dish was not set on an extremely cold surface after taking it out of the oven, and more strangely, it had been sitting out for over an hour, when this happened. Isn't that bizzare? Definitely scary!
Needless to say, I took it back to the store (with a bag full of shattered glass), where they happily refunded my money. Now, I'm going after the company. Note to all: Never buy ANCHOR dishware.

1 comment:

caroline said...

that is nuts...and thank goodness it happened when no one was in the room. Keep us updated with what the company says about that. It's totally bizarre!