Friday, April 3, 2009

School Pictures

I know it has been a REALLY long time since I've been in grade school, but I don't seem to remember ever taking 2 (sometimes 3) school pictures, in one year? Lily's school had their Fall portraits in September, however, I had an anxiety attack, when she came home from school with chocolate pudding all over her face and I learned that their class didn't take pictures until after lunch and recess. Oh great. So, before we ever saw them, I sent her to school for retakes a few weeks later. In the meantime, the originals came in...and they were as cute as can be! I had calmed down significantly and actually found the pudding mouth quite funny. I know, I know, you can barely see it. But, I saw it from across the school yard and about died in my moment of picture day distress.

Good thing, because when the retakes came in, she had been so overposed by the photographer, her smile looked artificial, they used the wrong background, and there were orange printing streaks down some prints.

And then out of the blue, they quickly announced Spring pictures and no uniform day. I wanted to do her hair really pretty for this one, although it isn't reflected in the picture, because it's much cuter from the back. The backdrop is nice, I love her shirt, and most of all, I love her smile in this one.


2 comments:

Jen said...

Those turned out great. I love her smile in the spring ones too!

caroline said...

I really love the "pudding" picture...she looks adorable! How silly (read: stupid) of the photographers/assistants doing the pics to not make sure the kids MOUTHS are cleaned off!

And my how she has changed from fall until now...she looks so grown up!