We concluded the first weekend of Spring Break, by coloring Easter Eggs. The new PAAS dye kits have more than a dozen different colors in each box, which meant I had to come up with that many different bowls to complete our rainbow of color baths, carefully aligned on the little kids table. With a deep breath, I quickly recited the rules, reviewed the order of process, and hoped to avoid any major disasters. Despite my animated description of how to carefully hold the hard boiled eggs, like a little baby bird, Brennan managed to swing one around and fly it like an airplane, which of course resulted in a crash landing. Oh well, we still have 11 eggs left and 15 different dyes. Some colors were going to get their feelings hurt and not be included. Sorry, navy blue and forest green...you're not our idea of pretty spring colors. All in all, the kids had some fun, the eggs turned out really cute, and we don't have to do it again for another 364 days.

3 comments:
They turned out really pretty and spring-like!
But admit it...dying easter eggs is one of Khrystin's worst nightmares, isn't it??
OMG, it so is! But the bibs are forever packed away, so I had to just suck it up and deal. Haha, I'm actually so much more relaxed now, you'd never recognize me :)
I was just getting ready to ask about the bibs! Won't catch me dying eggs... I'm proud of you! They look great!
Post a Comment