Sunday, December 21, 2008

Footnote to Christmas letter

Hopefully you have all received our family Christmas letter by now, and if not, they should be there by tomorrow. Anyhow, I feel the need to clarify or apologize for the tone in my bragging paragraph about Lily. Of course, I'm super proud of her and love that reading has been so easy for her. Unfortunately, we've run into some resentment down here and discouragement of her abilities. Regardless, I was only criticizing the state educational standards and not any of the wonderful and fantastic kids. She's learned so much emotionally and socially, and is really good at making friends now. It's been fun to watch her grow.

4 comments:

caroline said...

hey! I haven't gotten MY letter! It better come today, missy!!

caroline said...

Ok, phew, you're off the hook. I got your Christmas card today. You don't owe any apologies, missy! You should be very proud of her for her reading abilities...geez, I know I would be!!!!

Jen said...

I need to request an emailed version of the letter. I saw it and sat it aside to read after the kids were done ripping open all the cards we got today and now I can't locate it and I was really looking forward to reading it!

KJH said...

Haha, ok Jen...coming your way tonight.