Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Forever my sweet girl

After a pretty difficult and tearful day, Lily climbed into bed, as I said good-night.

I leaned over and kissed her and asked "Do you know how much I love you?"
She shook her head no.
I said "More than all the stars in the sky."
She said "No, more than the whole world."
I said, "Yes, more than the whole world."
I sat there for a minute and then asked "Can I sit here and look at you all night?"
She giggled and again, shook her head no.
I asked "Can I climb inside your dreams?"
And as if knowing exactly what I needed at that very moment, she said, "No, because you're already in them."

Oh my goodness, my heart about burst!

5 comments:

caroline said...

what a sweetheart! I love when Madison and I debate about who loves each other more...it's funny to hear her responses...she gets pretty creative!

Jen said...

That is priceless. Love the new header photo by the way! Also, while I have your attention...will you please join facebook? I need to 'see' more of you in the virtual world!!

KJH said...

Oh dear...you've lost me now. I've heard of facebook, but have NO idea what it's about. Just the word "virtual" scares me...I'm not too pretty in that world.

Jen said...

Go to facebook.com sign up for an account. Go to find friends and search for Caroline and I and then we'll hold your hand from there!

caroline said...

Where are yooooooouuuu! I miss your blogs!