Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

It's funny how this holiday has turned into being more about the kids, than romance for the parents. Actually, come to think of it, everyday seems to be that way. But, since it's so much fun to see the excitement in their faces and sugar buzz in their chocolate filled smiles, any Hallmark holiday excuse to spoil them with surprises, is so incredibly worth it.



Much love to my husband for going all out this year and surprising me with beautiful flowers and bath and body works from the kids.


Knowing how much I needed some romance this Valentine's Day, he didn't disappoint. We've had a very tough and challenging year, but as we've done many times in the past, we made it through together and are stronger than ever. Overall, we are in a very good place in our lives. We have wonderful friends, live in a beautiful environment, and the kids are super happy. The job will get better, the economy will improve, and the stress will get easier. But, we fought hard and tough to get through this rough spot and we're refocused on what we need to be. Us.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
~Lao Tzu~

3 comments:

caroline said...

Happy Valentines Day! I'm glad you've found things in your marriage to look forward to! :)

Jen said...

I love, love, love your new blog look. I'm glad Valentine's Day was good for ALL of you!

KJH said...

Thanks so much! :)